OTA Social Media Comments Policy
Ohio Township Association (OTA) Social Media Comments Policy
The OTA’s social media is defined as any web application, site or account operated by the Ohio Township Association (as of 4/2020, the OTA has authorized accounts on two social media channels: Facebook and Twitter).
The OTA’s purpose is to protect and promote township government in Ohio. The OTA’s previously mentioned social media accounts serve to further that goal and the goals spelled out in the OTA’s Constitution. These efforts include but are not limited to sharing township news, publicizing information from state and federal agencies, requesting support for the OTA’s legislative efforts, and requesting civilized input from the OTA’s stakeholders (members of the OTA).
The OTA’s social media is intended to create an online space in which township officials, staff and interested parties can interact with each other and can glean information from the OTA.
The opinions expressed by individuals using the OTA’s social media, except as specifically noted, are those of the individual authors. Views presented in comments on the OTA’s social media posts, tagged posts or photos of the OTA, and other similar mediums do not necessarily represent the views or policies of, or endorsement by, the OTA.
Comments are moderated by OTA staff, and the OTA reserves the right to remove comments or content that are unlawful or off-topic. The OTA does not monitor social media pages 24/7 but strives to respond to interactions in a timely manner. Pages are moderated in accordance with Facebook and Twitter Community Standards.
Posts containing the following are against OTA social media rules and will be deleted or hidden by OTA staff:
- Abusive or threatening towards any individual;
- Violating any law or individual's rights;
- Fraudulent or deceptive;
- Repetitive postings or spam;
- Off-topic or not relevant;
- Solicitations or advertisements;
- Off-topic comments unrelated to the particular social media item being commented on or unrelated to the overall Facebook page;
- Comments in support of or in opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures;
- Comments that promote particular services, products, or political organizations;
- Personally identifiable medical information;
- Commercial material/spam;
- Duplicated posts from the same individual;
- Obscene posts or profane language and content;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Comments, content, or information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems; and
- Comments that violate the privacy rights of others.
By choosing to comment, social media users agree to the foregoing rules. The OTA reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed in violation of this social media policy or any applicable law. The OTA further reserves the right to amend or modify this policy at any time.