Request for Qualifications - Fire Dept Facilities Update Concept Plan
The Jefferson Township Board of Trustees is seeking an individual or team to assist with preparing a conceptual design, preliminary budget and funding strategy for the construction of a new fire station and for modification of the Township’s existing fire station.
Jefferson Township Fire Department Facilities Update Concept Plan
Jefferson Township Board of Trustees
Chief Chris Snyder
Jefferson Township Fire Department
745 West Main Street
West Jefferson, Ohio 43167
The selected contractor will work with Township officials to determine the preliminary design, cost and funding strategy for alterations to the Township’s current fire station and for construction of a second fire station. This work will be based on a comprehensive review of department needs, expansion opportunities and existing and potential funding resources. Project deliverables will include: a concise department facilities general plan illustrating how the anticipated improvements will serve department needs over the next 30+ years, as well as how the Township might build on these improvements in the future; preliminary plans for construction and renovation/expansion at each of the two anticipated station locations; and, a funding strategy that assesses available resources, potential revenue sources and a plan for financing the project.
Professional Design Services
The Township anticipates that completion of the above-described project will require services provided by a registered architect, possibly working together with other disciplines such as a professional engineer. The design professional(s) selected as part of this process should expect to work closely with a public finance consultant, who the Township will select separately.
Contractor Selection Process/Schedule
Request for Qualifications Issue Date:
July 30, 2020
August 28, 2020
September 3, 2020
Firms Ranked/Negotiations Begin:
September 10, 2020
September 23, 2020
• Cover Letter Describing the Respondent’s Understanding of the Township’s Needs
• The Name(s) of Individual(s) Who will Complete the Work
• Relevant Experience and Qualifications of Firm and/or Individuals to be Directly Involved, including technical training, education and specific project experience (Include the dates of listed projects and contact information for each project owner.)
• Availability of Relevant Individual(s), Equipment and Facilities for Completion of the Project
• Proposed Detailed Process and Timeline (The Township is hopeful that the work can be completed within a 6-month timeline.)
• Proposed Contract Template
Statement of Qualifications Submission
Proposals must be received by Chief Snyder by 4:30 pm on August 28, 2020. An electronic copy (via email or thumb drive) and five printed copies must be transmitted to the addresses included above.